Today, I have an Apple Oatmeal Muffins recipe to share with you! These muffins taste excellent and make the perfect snack any time of the day. The oats incorporated in this recipe will give you a nice nutritious boost; they’re packed with fibre and give you a slow and steady release of energy. Watch the video or find the instructions below:
This recipe has been adapted from Martha Stewart’s “Apple-Oatmeal Muffins” recipe. Here’s how to make them:
- 1½ cups plain flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 113g butter (melted and cooled)
- 2 small apples (or 1 large one)
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 drop vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 175 C / 350 F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Stir well.
- In a seperate bowl, add the sugar, butter, eggs, milk and vanilla extract. Whisk the ingredients together.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Next, peel your apples and grate them. Stir the shredded apples into your mixture.
- Divide the batter equally into the muffin cups.
- Place in oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Once cooked, allow the muffins to cool.
Have you baked anything nice recently? Let me know if you’ll be giving these Apple Oatmeal Muffins a go!