Nothing beats a mug of hot apple cider during the colder months. This festive drink is made with apple juice, cinnamon, nutmeg and honey. It’s quick and easy to make and with its flavoursome spices, a delicious way to warm up too! Here’s how to make a classic, homemade hot apple cider drink:
- 4 cups apple juice
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon honey
- cinnamon stick (for garnish)
- apple slices (for garnish)
- In a large pot, combine the apple juice, ground cinnamon, nutmeg and honey. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce and simmer for 15 minutes or longer.
- Serve garnished with a cinnamon stick and apple slices.
Do you have any favourite festive drinks?