Today, I’m sharing a delicious chickpea curry recipe that will be sure to satisfy your taste buds! It’s healthy, hearty, and full of flavour. It’s also the perfect way to warm yourself up during these colder months.
This vegetarian meal is gluten-free and rich in protein and fibre. It’s nourishing, filling and one of the most inexpensive meals you can make. An amazing thing about this recipe is the fact that it can be made in less than half an hour. It’s great to make on busy weekdays! Even though it’s healthy and quick to make, this recipe definitely doesn’t compromise on taste and will cure any curry cravings.
You could serve this curry as a side dish on its own or pair it with rice or bread to serve as a main meal. This recipe serves up to four people and will impress them all!
Want to know how to make this easy chickpea curry dish yourself? Here’s how:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 400g cans chickpeas, drained
- 1 tablespoon garlic granules
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large pot, cook the diced onion with olive oil over a medium heat. Cook for about 5 minutes or until the onion is translucent.
- Next, pour in the chopped tomatoes. Cook for around 5 minutes or until the mixture has reduced, stirring often.
- Then, add in the two cans of chickpeas, salt, garlic granules, curry powder and turmeric. Stir well.
- Cook for a further 10-15 minutes until the sauce has thickened, stirring often.
- Serve with rice or bread if desired and enjoy.
There you have it, an easy chickpea curry recipe. Do you have a favourite meal that can be made in less than 30 minutes?