Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so fueling up with something healthy and nutritious is ideal. Today, I’m sharing a breakfast recipe that is just that. These healthy egg muffins are loaded with veggies, high in protein and easy to make. Oh, and they’re tasty too!
Because of how portable they are, these healthy egg muffins are the perfect on-the-go breakfast. To save time, you can even make them in advance too, which is very convenient for busy mornings.
I like to add onions, cherry tomatoes and spinach to my muffins, but the best thing about this recipe is the fact that you can easily customise it to suit your tastes. You could add in your favourite cheese, some cooked meat.. the possibilities are endless!
So, here’s how to make them:
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup chopped baby spinach
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, diced
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F. Grease a muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and black pepper. Then, add in the onions, spinach and tomatoes and stir well.
- Pour the mixture evenly into the muffin pan.
- Bake for around 20-25 minutes in the oven, or until the eggs are cooked and the tops of the muffins are firm.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and allow them to cool for a few minutes.
- Optional: sprinkle on some salt and add cheese or any other topping of your choice.
- Serve and enjoy!
What’s your favourite meal to eat for breakfast?