A few days ago I decided to make flapjacks for me and my family. They always go down well with everyone so I thought I’d share the recipe with you guys. I love flapjacks because they are so easy to make and most importantly, they taste delicious. You only need a few ingredients to make them, which I have listed below.
Ingredients (for 12 flapjacks):
~ 175g Margarine
~ 175g Demerara Sugar
~ 2 Tablespoons of Golden Syrup
~ 225g Oats
1) Preheat the oven to 160C / Gas Mark 3. Grease the bottom of a baking tin.
2) Put the margarine in a pan. Then add the sugar and two tablespoons of golden syrup.
3) Melt the mix on a medium heat setting until all of the margarine has melted.
4) Take the pan off the heat. Add the oats to the mixture until they are all covered.
5) Put the oats into the baking tin. Spread them over with a wooden spoon.
6) Put the tin in the oven for around 25 minutes. Once you have removed it from the oven, leave it for around 5-10 minutes and then cut the oats into pieces.
I hope some of you find this useful! Let me know how they turn out if you decide to give it a go. Do you love flapjacks too? 🙂