Do you ever get tired, puffy eyes? If the answer is ‘yes’, then I have a beauty recipe that I think you’ll just love! This DIY Natural Eye Cream is perfect for brightening up the eye area, reducing dark circles and nourishing and moisturising the skin too. What’s more, it also has anti-aging properties, so it helps reduce fine lines and it keeps the eye area nice and firm.
And the amazing thing about this eye cream recipe is the fact that it only requires three ingredients, which means it’s super simple to make. There are a lot of eye creams sold in the shops that claim to be able to perk up tired eyes; however, many contain harsh chemicals in their formulas. This homemade eye cream is all-natural with skin-loving ingredients.
In this beauty recipe, I’ll be using coconut oil (my favourite!) as it’s super moisturising, which makes it an ideal ingredient to have in your eye cream. I use this one by Vita Coco, which is extra virgin, 100% raw and organic. I’ll also be using Vitamin E Oil as it’s a fantastic antioxidant and Frankincense Essential Oil because it promotes healthy cell regeneration.
Watch the video tutorial below or read on to find out how to make it:
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 drops vitamin E oil
- 2 drops frankincense essential oil
- In a bowl, add one tablespoon of organic coconut oil and then mix it up.
- Next, add in 3 drops of the vitamin e oil and stir again thoroughly.
- Add in 2 drops of frankincense oil and mix everything together until it's a nice creamy consistency.
- Then, pour the mixture into an empty container and place it in your fridge to harden for a few hours.
- You'll then be ready to use your natural eye cream! Gently apply it with your fingers. Massage it underneath the eyes for around two minutes or so.
- You can leave your eyecream on for twenty minutes and then wipe it off with a washcloth. Or, you can even leave it on overnight for an extra hydration boost. Store the eye cream in your fridge.
If you do decide to give this DIY a go, I’d love to know what you think!