With 2015 soon coming to a close, I thought it would be interesting to share some of my most popular posts of the year and review my findings. Plus, seeing as I’ve been thinking about where I’d like to take this space, I’m also sharing some of the blog goals that I’ve made for 2016.
My 10 most popular posts of 2015:
By reviewing my blog stats from 2015, I found out that my posts offering blogging tips are the most popular, followed by life advice posts. As I thoroughly enjoy writing about these topics, I’m definitely planning to increase these in 2016. Last year, nearly all of my most viewed posts were related to beauty and fashion and although these are still fairly popular, it’s very interesting to see the change. I’ve also noticed that list style posts (e.g. 5 Ways to Promote Your Blog Post) are working well. This is most likely because they’re easier to follow; readers can quickly scan over the information and get the main points of the post. So, I’ll make sure to continue writing posts in this style next year.
I’ve found it very useful to see which posts you are all enjoying the most. Thanks to everyone who’s ever taken the time to read and comment on any of my posts!
I’m always looking to better my blog, so here are some of the changes I want to make to it in 2016:
Blog Goals for 2016:
1) Narrow Down My Niche – I doubt that I’ll ever be a blogger who only posts about one subject; I have many passions so I know for sure that I would quickly get bored. Having said that, I think it would be a good idea to narrow down my niche slightly. I plan on figuring out which posts I enjoy writing about the most and I’ll definitely take into account the findings above.
2) Grow My Blog – My next blog goal for 2016 is to grow my readership. I’m fully aware that numbers aren’t everything, but I would love to reach 1000 bloglovin’ followers and grow my social media channels.
3) Improve photography – I probably make this goal every year, but I think it’s a very important one! Whenever I visit a blog, the first thing I notice is the photography. So for that reason, I think it’s super important for all bloggers to use beautiful, high quality images on their blogs. I’ve been wanting to upgrade my camera for so long now, so I’m hoping I finally do that in 2016.
4) Connect More – The blogosphere is full of so many wonderful, creative people. So in 2016, I want to connect with other bloggers more, whether that be through Twitter chats, Facebook groups or good old fashioned commenting.
5) Start a Project – My last goal is to start a new project. I have quite a few ideas, so I just need to take the plunge and start!