Smoothies are an easy way to eat more healthily and are perfect for those who are always on the go. It literally takes around three minutes to blend everything up and serve, so they're quick and hassle free. Today's post is a Banana & Almond smoothie recipe, which would make a great breakfast smoothie to kick-start your day. It's tasty, good for you and it will keep you satisfied until lunchtime.
This smoothie has many health and beauty benefits. Incorporating almonds into your diet will keep your skin looking fresh and glowy. Almonds are full of vitamin E, which is a powerful antioxidant. This means that they help to cleanse the toxins from your body. Bananas contain high amounts of vitamins A, B, C and E. There are many health benefits to eating bananas; for example, they can help to lower your cholesterol and keep your blood pressure under control. Bananas are also great for your skin; they keep your skin looking youthful due to their natural moisturising properties.
Ingredients (serves two)
- 2 medium frozen bananas (broken up into one inch chunks)
- 2 cups of almond milk
- 1 tablespoon of almond butter (or peanut butter)
- 1/2 a cup of natural yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract (optional)
1) Put all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
2) Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Do you love smoothies? Let me know if you'll be trying this one!